October 17, 2004

Obsession

Im obsessed... I cant help it. I cant get enough of wikipedia. It's quite insanely addictive. This has got to be one of the most genius concepts in the history of web design. Because of the incredibly diverse bunch of people who post new articles to this encyclopaedia, you can get information on everything... A sceptic friend of mine decided to try Marina Beach, then I tried Tollywood. The later on I tried transformers, those cool robot vehicle dudes from our television past.... Go on, try it.
That fried my head.
I never even liked the transformers that much, but i was obsessed, staring away with upwards of 30 links giving you the definitive info on transformers. Obssessed, that's what i was. Very obsessed.
Still am. Th worst thing is, every article you read links into other keywords. If you're a click-happy pscycho like me, that means you'll travel from The Simpsons to The Fourth Wall of theater to Simon the Sorcerer (Rohit J, if you're reading this, this was one of the best games you ever gave me back in UC... Thanks).

Ok, just or your info, I took a little trip just now and left this post alone for about 20 minutes surfing wikipedia... It hooked me.

No comments: